Sunday, October 28, 2012

Dad's (Charles') Quilt

 
 

This quilt was made for my dad. It is not the quilt I was planning on making him but when he wound up back in the hospital (lengthy illness) and we didn't know if he would come home again I whipped this one up quick to give to him. He was always cold and this kept him warm. He did come back home on hospice and we got to share another seven and a half months with him before he passed on November 3, 2011. I'm very thankful that my mother asked me if I would like his quilt back and now it resides in my home and nobody is permitted to touch it.  If you look real close you'll notice I accidentally flipped the last section (bottom 4 rows) when I added it. I noticed it when I got to the hospital and gasped as I laid it on his bed. My mom started laughing because she noticed what I was looking at and realized that I just noticed it and couldn't do anything about it (and will not).
Made in 2011.

1 comment:

  1. What a treasured keepsake - wrap up in it once in awhile and think of your Dad with love!

    ReplyDelete