Thursday, March 8, 2012

Katherine's Quilt


This is the quilt I made for my niece Kat (Katherine). I chose the black fabric with different little prints in rainbow colors. It reminded me of fabric from when I was a kid.
This quilt was quilted with glow-in-the-dark thread. When the quilt is exposed to light for a little while it will then glow when the lights are out. It's pretty neat. It freaked me out the first time I saw it. The first time Kat noticed it glowing she had to call me because she was so excited. If you ever make a quilt for a child/teen try it out. They will love it.
Longarm quilting by Stacie of Sew Quilted in Townsend, MA.
Made in 2010 for a Christmas Gift.

These are close ups of the blocks with the various prints.



This is the center block of the quilt.
 I used a solid pink cotton for the backing and this is a close up of the long arm quilting. (Included in photo is Kat's hair stuck to the quilt....didn't notice that when I took the picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment